Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"To sample is human, to actually gather up my courage and quilt the damn pieces is divine"


Ok, here is the latest sample. I think I'm comfortable that I have enough control over the machine (down, you beast!) to actually start on the actual quilts. Enough mucking around! (BTW, I just roughly divided the piece up with a marker pen in case you're wondering what the black lines are).

As well, I've found out how to do close-ups with my digital camera. I couldn't find the instruction book for ages, but it turned up when I was sorting my stuff out prior to shifting. So now I can be more competent with it.

4 comments:

Julaine said...

I think it's a great idea to mix up your free-motion patterns. You won't get bored for one thing, and it adds so much extra interest to a quilt...

Variations on the garlic stitch are my favorite - yours look great!

Julaine

Grangry said...

This is a great sampler - by Jove, I think you've cracked it!

arashi said...

Simply beaautiful

Val said...

Superb sampler. Almost a piece in itself. And what a good idea to section it like this.