Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hearts

I run an email quilting group called Kiwiquilters. I started this group around 7 years ago when I was suffering from lack of contact with other quilters. There are now over 450 members, mainly in New Zealand but also Kiwis overseas, plus some other non-Kiwis who have a NZ connection. One tradition we have that we share with many traditional quilt guilds is to call for healing hearts for members or their friends/relatives who are grieving or suffering in some way. Members who want to contribute make a heart block, and these are collected by the organiser, then put together into a quilt. The group has generously made me a quilt on account of my accident.

Note the matching purple bedlinen! I chose the purple backgrounds with cream or yellow hearts - usually they're done on a cream background. And here's the reverse which has a couple of blocks too.

Aren't they a wonderful group?

5 comments:

Val said...

This is a lovely idea. BQL which is a British Quilt group does something similar. And yours is such a lovely colour. Almost worth hurting your foot to get!

artmixter said...

Aww, aren't they lovely. Really nice quilt.

Maureen said...

Have to tell you..today I met in the flesh, one of the bloggers listed in your sidebar.........Bernadine Hine,who showed me a wonderful art deco quilt she's working on.

Kim said...

a wonderful group indeed - what an honor.

Karoda said...

what a sweet quilt as a result of such kindness!