Saturday, April 22, 2006

Going Crutchless...


....as in, I am no longer using my crutches, at least around the house. It feels strange after 3 months (almost to the day) to be able to walk around unaided, even though I have a big limp. I will still need a week or two of physio to help get my leg muscles working properly.








Because I haven't done any art work this week due to day surgery, recovering and then working, here are photos of the black and white quilt I made my daughter's boyfriend Erlo late last year. It's fully reversible, and made block by block, then joined together with the sashing. One side features "rivers" of freehand cut wedges; the other side is 2 plain blocks followed by an appliqued cow (all drawn by moi) either standing, running or jumping, and all slightly different. Erlo is very keen on cows, so I wanted to make him something completely original.

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

That is just stunning! I love black and white. Lucky guy receiving that. Almost up and running eh. Cheers Alison.

Anonymous said...

It is very cool. If Erlo is so crazy about cows, send him my way....My three *baby* bulls are growing up quite fast but we have three adorable calves out in the pasture right now.

Glad you lost the sticks (crutches). How far are you from the beach?? Best physio is walking in wet sand and swimming!!

teri

Helen said...

and how soon til you are brave enough to take th dogs for a walk on the beach? The b&w is truely stunning, my son would want one too. What is it about boys and cows?

Helen said...

congratulations shirley on finally being bi-ped again. Take it easy though... when i broke my wrist it ended up like a scrawny chicken's leg 'till I built up the muscle again and took a very long time to be able to lift much. All the best

Michelle said...

I love the black and white. I'm always looking for black and white fabric - looks like you found most of it! :-)

Deb Hardman said...

Very striking. I've often thought about doing something in B&W but color always seems to sneek in. I did do a postquard today though in all white.

It does seem odd when you 1st get to go without crutches after being on them a while. I had that experience due knee surgery in Dec, & had to be on them for 4 weeks. It took a few days to learn to walk normal again. Good luck.