Friday, May 19, 2006

Fraternal Twins

At last I've been struck by a creative mood! Here are my latest babies, the Fraternal Twins. OK, this isn't ground-breaking fiber art, but at least it's a start. They are cut from the same 2 pieces of fabric so are similar but not the same. The strips are only lightly fused in the photo, so excuse the edges sticking up.

And here they are placed together. I could, of course, join them, but because I work in such a limited space (no, I'm not going to show you how small), I am tending to make pieces that fit the space.

For those of you who read my blog and don't see your name appearing in the Links list, be reassured that I actually regularly visit far more blogs than are shown there, but many of them are bookmarked as I just haven't got around to adding them all. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Joyce said...

They are beautiful! Love them.

Emmy said...

soooo wonderful the colors are great did you paint the fabric I realy love it

Shirley Goodwin said...

These are dyed fabrics, Emmy, just done with ordinary low water immersion dyeing.

Deb R said...

Yay for creativity!!

Wish Creativity would come visit me again and stay for a while. ;-)

Maya Madhavan said...

Hi! :) The fabrics are gorgeous and that's an awesome idea. They are beautiful pieces!

Maureen said...

Like Emmy,I LOVE your colours.wish I could be so adventurous!

Anonymous said...

hey great to see your latest endeavours.......I to also link off to visit the commentators blogs. I'm considering later this month on putting up another blog

and I got the book "why French Women aren't fat" out of the library along with another book that is about sports goals and stuff

cathy51