Thursday, May 11, 2006

X-Factor

This is an earlier work made, like Bizarre Stars, from experimental dyeing (translation: not done by the usual methods). The photo shows it just as a top but it has actually progressed to being partially quilted. Sigh. I have so much unfinished work, but the need to earn a living intervenes, and none of my work actually makes me money. And because I'm not making it for a particular exhibition or purpose, there is no time frame required. I am too embarrassed to show you what my sewing table looks like, as it's piled high with WIPs. If only people were clamouring to buy my work...... I can hear THAT cry echoing around the world!

2 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Someday when you least expect your cry will be heard.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Awww, thanks, Debbi, I sure hope so!