Sunday, December 31, 2006

To-Dos and Not-To-Dos for 2007

This year, I thought I'd make things really easy for myself with my new year's resolutions. I'm going to make them SO simple to keep! I actually can't remember what my resolutions were for 2006, so I'm unable to reflect on how well I've achieved them. This year, however, I'm recording them right here on Blogger for the world to see.

1. Avoid gratuitous sex. This will be very easy, as ALL sex seems to be avoiding me, including the gratuitous kind. No difficulty in keeping this baby.

2. Cut back on alcohol consumption. No worries with this one. I only buy alcohol every couple of years, and most of that goes in the Christmas baking.

3. Stop buying books on Amazon. Ok, this is a tough one. My Evil Twin has been playing fast and loose with my credit card, and I think I have 4 shipments of books on their way to me at present (that's 8 books in total). However, I anticipate being financially stretched this year, as I am most likely going to give up my day job and revert to be a Starving Artist.

4. Which leads me to....Lose weight. Hah! I will probably only be able to afford to eat twice a day, so I should be able to drop a kilo or two. Or 10, which would be more helpful.

5. Exercise more. Again, I'll be too poor to afford petrol so I'll have to walk into town instead of driving.

There! That won't be too difficult, will it?

And for the totally unrelated photo, here's a lovely Rhodohypoxis in flower to brighten up the day of those shivering under winter snow.



9 comments:

Deb R said...

I'd never heard of a rhodohypoxis before now, but they sure are pretty! :-)

Françoise said...

Sounds like you're gonna have a great year! :-))
Best wishes for 2007!

Kat said...

One of your resolutions for 2006 was to walk the dogs every day and look what happened to that!

So be careful with the ones for 2007!

Maureen said...

My goodness Shirley, I hope you save some time for enjoying yourself as well as all the giving up! Wishing you a Happy and creative New Year!

Joyce said...

The easiest resolutions to keep are the ones that we have no choice in. Sounds like you might be able to keep most of yours. Lol.

Ali Honey said...

Happy 2007 Shirley...you sure had me chortling there on the 1st 2 on your list.( what if a nice someone carrying heaps of free booze turns up at your door??? lol ) The others I can see working together quite easily, less food / less money + more exercise = weight loss; and carry the books around with you !
I love books too.

Suzi-k said...

I guess if we didn't have to go through the crappy bits, we'd take the good ones for granted, so when you treasure a special moment, be grateful for the crappy ones that made it so precious! HAPPY NEW YEAR, and I look forward to following the progress of the starving artist in the coming year. It's off to a great start, that purple wool ROCKS!!!!

Kate said...

Well, I'll go with you on 4 out of 5 of the resolutions. My Evil Twin visits on-line yarn stores as well.

Anonymous said...

Walking (and swimming) is the best exercise ever. We have a house rule that you can't have breakfast unless you have been for a walk and/or a swim. Of course, we live at a beach but it looks like you have a pleasant neighbourhood to go meandering in...By the way, have a great time at the Symposium. I've been to the last two but will not be making it to this one.