Monday, January 01, 2007

The Year of the Ankle is over!

Don't worry, I'm not about to assign the years of my life to various body parts. But the Saga of the Broken Ankle, which started last January, coloured the events of 2006. I found myself going down different paths from the ones I'd anticipated. I wish I could say that
it's all been wonderful, but it hasn't. There have been some really good parts and some totally crappy ones, with lots of so-so bits inbetween. But that's Life, isn't it?

And despite the crappy bits (which are still happening), I am able to be thankful for my lovely children, who have grown into adults whom I really like, and would like even if they weren't related to me; my family who are always there to help when I need it; and the continuing kindness and support of my friends, most of whom don't live anywhere near me as I kept moving away. I'm also grateful for my blogging community, whom I haven't met in person, but I feel like I know you all anyway. Keep commenting! I love it.

I have dubbed 2007 "The Year of the Wool", as this will be my big focus. To start as I mean to go on, I've dyed some wool/mohair blend that I bought at the Op Shop. It was a pale grey to start with, and is now four shades of purple with gold highlights.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I'd like to wish you a very healthy and creative new year Shirley. I hope your ankle will not give you any mopre problems in 2007. It's been great getting to know you over this last year. Magsyvmqlsu

Digitalgran said...

Sorry about the last messy comment. It is past midnight now and i'm getting sleepy.
Mags

Joyce said...

I hope that 2007 brings you nothing but good. Sometimes there really are years like that. I never thought of dyeing op shop yarn. I may have to give that a try one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn! Hope you have a very healthy and happy 2007.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a very healthy 2007 and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of beautiful yarn. This one is lovely! Love the gold highlights.