Friday, June 08, 2007

Previous Dyeing Days

















The photo of the small pieces was taken at my old house in Lyttelton, also a coastal town. The larger pieces were done here. Of course, just when I want to dye some more, the weather is against me. We are having a cold snap which will make my outdoor dyeing impossible this weekend.

Some of you have asked questions about the previous posts which I'll try to answer here. I'm dyeing cotton, with Procion MX fibre reactive dyes. I would love to do all this dyeing on silk but it's very costly here. As to what I do with the fabric - at present, it's mainly for my own use, though I do sell to quilters when I can. Unfortunately, in New Zealand, quilters are very reluctant to buy fabric over the internet, so I have to rely on those occasions when I can get in front of them in person. And yes I can send overseas, if any readers are interested. My fabric website seems to be down at present so you can email me on shirley@tillia.co.nz for more information.

2 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Glorious, wonderful, fabrics I could eat them

His Office, My Studio said...

Great Job! I love the orange and yellow dyed fabrics.