Wednesday, September 12, 2007

No, honestly, I'm writing a customer newsletter...

...which I need to do to bring in a few dollars as I'm currently unemployed. However, here's a shot of the table in my office/studio, where you can see (click image for larger version) that I've been altering images in Photoshop and printing them out. Unfortunately I have only a basic knowledge of PS so can't produce the radically re- coloured images yet that I really want to.

Because of the size limitations when using a printer, I'm thinking of working on images with paint and thread, and then attaching them to stretched canvas blocks such as painters use.

I saw the artworks of Charlotte Ziebarth in Quilting Arts mag, and just LOVE her stuff, especially "Return of the Robins". Naturally I don't have any wonderful photos, so am just playing with what I have. This is what I mean by re-colouring images, and I just don't know how to do it, so if you do, please let me know!

If you're a fiber artist or art quilter reading this, why not join the new FiberArts/Mixed Media group? It's so inspiring to have a bunch of like-minded people in the same place, and I'm loving it.

1 comment:

artmixter said...

I just joined Fibre Arts/Mixed Media, it looks like it'll be fun when I've got my mind round it! Thanks for the link.