Saturday, October 20, 2007

Out with the old....


These are some of the pieces of old hand -dyed fabric that I'm selling off. These are crackle dyed fat quarters, made in the usual low water immersion method of scrunching the fabric into a bag or tray and pouring dye solution over. See the spotty one in the middle of the large stack? I was experimenting with spraying bleach on the fabric, using a pump spray device intended for use in the kitchen. I seldom make this kind of fabric any more, as everyone else is doing it. What I do now is this:
Ahhhhhhhhhh......I love this Blended fabric!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the look of the blended dyes. I think they work much better for use in an art work. More like painting...

Anonymous said...

Selling them where?......*S*

Even tho I like your newer ones better, that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy some of the others.

Joyce said...

The blended fabrics are wonderful. i do like the low immersion ones too though.

loulee said...

Lovely colours.

Dianne said...

They are both great, but the blended ones are gorgeous!

Nellie's Needles said...

Beautiful!

Barbara said...

I love all your dyed work! fantastic!