Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wish you were here

My daughter Sophie and boyfriend Erlo have just spent a week in Vanuatu, as a celebration following Sophie's completion of 5 years of university study in law and arts. Erlo also completed a hotel management degree in that time and is now working. I thought I'd share some of the photos with my blog readers.

Apparently there is 90% unemployment on the islands, but the people are amongst the happiest in the world. I wonder if there's a connection? Sophie is the one in the middle. In case that wasn't obvious!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha "Sophie's the one in the middle"!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

That beach surely is gorgeous.

loulee said...

I've heard a lot about that place. Hunney is a Kiwi, (Born and bred in Timaru) he's been there in the past and has only good things to say. I'm sure Sophie has some wonderful memories. Thanks for the pics.

Joyce said...

My daughter and her family went there last year and absolutely loved it. I think being unemployed on a Pacific Island might make a lot of people happy.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Goodness, that has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet. These days I can but dream. DH and I have given up flying (or we're trying to)in a bid to help save the planet in our small way but pictures like these make it so very hard.

Stell said...

oh, so sunny and warm, imagine how warm that water is! And yes I know it is light before 6 am - but most people are so shocked that our alarm goes off at 5:30 am (its light then to) that i didn't admit to being aware at that time.

sam said...

Wow, I wish i was there Too

neki desu said...

oh this is the epitome of wickedness! lovely tropical beaches and i can't leave my house without a coat and scarf.
Thanks though :)

neki desu