Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Trying to capture a rainbow

It's very hard to do justice to the Blended fabric with a photograph, but alas, it's all I have. If I photograph each 1 metre piece as a whole, they just look like blobs of colour on the fabric. It's only when you get closer, as in when I'm ironing them, that you get to see the wonderful colours.
So I've photographed pieces of the fabric, where the colours look the most beautiful.
Again, the photographs don't look as good as the actual fabric. The purple comes out blue, the green hardly shows and the yellow is dulled.


I am thinking that I should use some large pieces that i particularly like, maybe half-metres, and quilt them in the piece in some way so as to highlight the shading. What do you think? How would I best do that?

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful!

Nellie's Needles said...

Yes, it is nearly impossible to capture a rainbow.
I had featured pieces of my hand-painted fabrics in a piece called "Inner Sprectrum". Information and photos of it were posted on November 10th. The hand-quilting follows my perceived division lines between the hues.

Sheila said...

I like how the colors "melt" into each other. I do see rainbows and sunsets. Or beautiful sunrise!

Dianne said...

I think you've done a great job trying to capture the rainbow - such beautiful muted colours.