Thursday, January 10, 2008

Still relaxing

I am still in Relaxed Mode, until next week when I get into partial Work Mode. Relaxed Mode is wonderful, but unfortunately does not contain any money. Nevertheless, I..err...the Evil Twin I mean....has been bending the plastic at Amazon. This arrived today.

While much of what's in here can be found in other books I have, I always find there's some idea or technique that I hadn't come across or thought of. I am going to be very busy come 1st February - the date I take over my new business - so now is a good time to play around.

I'm off to give blood this afternoon, so a good book or 2 to look at when I get home is called for. I never feel very good after donating blood, but I do it because of Roxy. She needed blood products of all kinds while she was sick - red cells, white cells, platelets and whole blood, depending on her condition at the time - and I really appreciated all the people who had donated blood that she used. I do urge anyone reading this who is in good health and not already a donor to consider becoming one. It could be you or a loved one who needs it next.

7 comments:

Janet said...

I'd love to be able to donate, but here in the states you can't donate for one year after you've gotten a tattoo.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Really? I don't remember any questions about tattoos. Lots about sex, though.

Yarnartist said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could discover yours. Your work is fascinating and I look forward to taking some time to wander through your past.

Jan said...

Hi Shirley, I have been reading your blog for awhile, since I discovered Planet Textile Threads. I really enjoy what you post, thanks. Just thought I'd finally leave you a comment and tell you that:-)Beautiful dyed fabric hanging on your line. Oh, and I hope you give us a review of that book. I have seen it on amazon but haven't held a copy to look at it. it looks pretty, but is it interesting enough compared to other books? I got the Kemshall book for Christmas and love it.
Jan

Purple Missus said...

I too would love it if you gave us a review of that book Shirley before I rush off and buy it.

Michele said...

I just got this book, too. I agree, most of what's in here was old news or found in other books I have, but I really like the format of the book--she gives 4 different ways of doing everything--4 ways to foil, 4 ways to use angelina fibers, etc. Sometimes when I'm stuck I'll pick it up and flip it open and just do the technique that I hit on.

Nana B said...

Hello, what a fun site, I am new to blogging and am just wondering around and found you. I know Susan Stein, in fact I was in her store yesterday. I have taken classes from her and her methods may sound simplified, but it is a good way to tackle something new. She is now working on a book of projects using the techniques in this book. Have fun with it, and if you do each thing with a theme, at the end you could have a wonderful journal book. Mary