Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dear God, what's the complaints process here?

I had no idea when I started this fibre art stuff that it was going to be so contagious and ...well...take over my life. I think a health warning is called for, y'know? Like we have on everything else here in New Zealand. The need to save people from themselves. Where's the Victim Support people? Where's the mental health funding for addicts like me? I have spent most of the weekend doing this:



































The first photos show some of the early process, where I started with one or 2 colours as the base and used leaves and paper cutouts as resists. Each piece of fabric has had about 4 layers of dye and resists. The red and grey leaf print piece I like too much to cut up - the others I have chopped into 6 inch squares. Click on the photos for a closer look. These will actually be made into something. IF I CAN STOP MONOPRINTING LONG ENOUGH.

I could do this stuff all day long....actually, I just have. Sigh. Today I really must do some other stuff as well.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! That was a fun day! I love all the colours and marks on your squares. Beautiful!

Doreen G said...

You don't need help Shirley just a lot of encouragement to do more because I can't stop looking at it.
Am I being selfish or what.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Shirley, there is no cure for what ails you! But it's okay... what a joy to have things to do that wake you up early, catch you up like a whirlwind, and leave you in a heap of exhaustion, but when you look at what you've done it makes your heart race! I've got it too... can ya tell?

Happy dyeing!

Judy

EmPrint said...

Love the last picture of all the square together. Beautiful

Purple Missus said...

No wonder you couldn't stop - you're on a roll here:)
These are brilliant. Love them all.

Wil said...

Shirley, they are gorgeous. Keep on doing this :-)

sharon young said...

What a fantastic day you had, so productive and now you've got all these yummy fabrics to play with, why on earth would you want to stop :-)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun to me!! They have all turned out so wonderfully, Cant wait to see what you do with them!

Linda’s Textiles said...

Great results Shirley, you've been very productive & I love the squares placed together.

Veronica said...

It's been a while since I've been here for a visit. A delight to see you exhausting yourself and neglecting your house for the sake of Art! : )