Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

I love spring - it's my favourite season. This lilac bush travelled with me when I moved here. You can see a bit of the espaliered apple tree behind it in the fence corner. And something growing vigorously in front.
It's also iris time.
And flowering cherry time. I can see some lovely grass seed heads there too. Weeding time as well!
Look at this Meyer lemon - who thought a tree this size could have 7 huge fruit? I have to find somewhere to plant this now.

7 comments:

Janet said...

those lemons look AMAZING!!!

Unknown said...

Ah,spring. Everything looks so good! Here we are setting in for the cold winter months to come. Fall is beautiful but I long for spring.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

All very very pretty as we have leaves falling and changing colour.
Is it really warm enough there to plant a lemon outdoors, or will you bring it in for the winter?

Anonymous said...

My Meyer lemon has ONE lemon on it. One of my Key Limes has 6 baby limes (first time) the other has none. And the blood orange has done nothing but get taller. I am going to prune it to see if I can force it to branch. I wish I could take them all to Canada with me for (our) summer since my boys do not do a good job of caring for them.

teri

Sheila said...

Those lemons are huge. My parents have a Meyers lemon tree in Florida and they always have a large crop. They make great pies.

Michelle said...

Oh, wow - I love your lemon tree!!!

Deb Hardman said...

It's nice to see spring flowers when my world is all white!