Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Midsummer

Some images from the garden - clockwise from top left - nicotiana, Rose "Mary Rose", dahlias, lilies.
These Pink Cherokee tomato plants are as tall as me now. There are only 3 plants of this variety, but they have 8 stakes between them.
The peppers are getting to a good size. There are some purple ones on the plant on the left, just visible through the leaves.
While I'm not working with fabric, I'm still dyeing. I made this wool to make a baby cardigan. It's come out more "girlie" than I'd envisaged but never mind. The colours are Sangria, Terracotta, French Vanilla and Mustard.

5 comments:

Julaine said...

I'm hungry reading the colors in your yarn...I'm jealous because it's still winter here in northern Illinois.

Thanks for the beauty!

Julie said...

Thank you for the reminder os summer Shirley. The flowers are beautiful. I've been dyeing today too, but with snow! I won't be showing it till its dried, probably tomorrow.

Sheila said...

I love the color of the yarn. It's girly but not too pink.

Nora and James McDowell said...

Oh, the garden!
I spent the morning loading pictures on my blog and Facebook of cold, cold, snowy scenes with hoar frost.
The yarn would make a lovely sherbet.

neki desu said...

and here i am still fighting cold weather. some people are really lucky!

neki desu