Thursday, April 02, 2009

The First Frost

Aaaargh! It's only the 2nd of April, and we have had the first frost of 2009. At least we have a magnificent day. Maybe it's time to pick the green tomatoes and get those winter veggies into the garden.
I can't remember what the dogs were looking at, but snapped them in waiting mode. The dirty mark on Cressy is, I think, from the car exhaust pipe - Seven has been lurking under the car quite a bit recently, and the dogs enjoy chasing her. She is not frightened of them so takes all kind of risks. Even if they corner her, they don't really hurt her though they will nip bits of fur. For some reason, my cats never use their claws in defence so I always intervene just in case.

5 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I don't like to think your summer is over before ours has begun. Your photos have kept summer alive for me through the depths of winter in the northern hemisphere.

Julie said...

Brrr! That looks chilly! I'm sorry your weather is getting colder. We'll have to try to keep you remembering summer with our sunny photos just as you've kept summer in our minds and cheered our days all winter.

Françoise said...

Cute picture of the twins!
Here, it was still freezing a few days ago in the morning. I hope it's over now, and I'll soon be able to sow some vegetables... Don't forget to pick your beautiful tomatoes before it's too late. They can ripen inside, can't they?

Emmy said...

today was the first day we could sit in the sun still freezing at night it is always so great to see your summer pictures when we have winter

Japanese Used Cars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.