Wednesday, May 06, 2009

That's my boy

I've been in Auckland for a couple of days, staying with my children(who now flat together). I missed seeing Cass graduate with his Bachelor's degree last year as his ceremony was a week after Sophie's. This year he was capped for Master in Architecture with First Class Honours.
Here's the parade up Queen St, on its way to where the ceremony will be held. This was the first capping ceremony for Auckland university this year. There will be quite a few more.
Some of the others with lemon hoods - these are bachelor graduates, as they have the fur edge on their hoods.
And later at lunch - the "I wish you'd stop taking photos of me" look.
At the flat (it's a house actually, 4 of them live there), I saw this quilt that I made many moons ago and which Sophie took with her when she went away to uni. It's the Stargazey Daisiez pattern from a class I did with Jan Mullen. It must be about 8 or 9 years old by now and has faded somewhat, but it still looks good.

8 comments:

Webfrau said...

Congratulations to Cass. You must be one proud Mum!

Françoise said...

Congratulations to your big boy!

Maggi said...

You must be very proud of your children. You are right, the quilt does still look beautiful.

Julie said...

Congratulations to your son Shirley. A wonderful achievement.

Teodo said...

Congrats to your son and to you too.

Digitalgran said...

Well done Cass. How proud you must be of him and your daughter. Nice for them to live in the same house.

Margaret said...

Congratulations to your son, Shirley. A piece of useless information - did you know that bachelors hoods have fur because at Oxford and Cambridge, the bachelors students lived in buildings away from the dining halls, but masters students lived in the same building, so the fur was a signal that bachelors needed warmth, while masters didn't?

His Office, My Studio said...

Congratulations to you and Cass!!!! Seeing our children achieve their goals is good for our hearts.