Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mid-winter in the south

I didn't sell any of my artworks at the exhibition, but it was an interesting experience, and now I can hang them on MY walls! Here's "Comfortably Numb" (top) and "Rust Madonna" (below). Madonna is under glass, so there's a bit of reflection on it that makes it hard to see.
We had a big frost this morning. That piece of ice on a tray in the back garden is about 1cm thick (1 inch=2.5 cm)
Even by 9am when I took these photos, it was zero degrees as not much sun is on the ground there at this time of year.
Plants were well and truly frosted. They have to be tough to take the cold winters and hot dry summers that we have in inland Canterbury.
And here's Frodo being a "snow dog".

2 comments:

Nora and James McDowell said...

Could we just share our weather?
Here we are very wiltingly hot, and high humidity which is unusual for us.
Nora

Sheila said...

I love his winter coat. He must take a long time to comb out.