Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sorting the heart blocks

 As the heart blocks arrived, I sorted them into bags depending on the colours (red, blue, green, purple, yellow/orange/brown and multi) and also into bages labelled 'boys' or 'girls' if they were made from children's fabric.  Assuming that there would be some older boys as recipients, I sorted some that had no teddy bears or similar.  Above is one of these, compiled and quilted by local quilter Joy Hurley, and including some nine-patch blocks I was given.
A number of the hearts were really pretty, with embroidery, lace, paper piecing and so on, and I collected some of these into another bag for Joy.  Hasn't she made a great job?

3 comments:

Leeann said...

When does distribution start? Or have you started already? Hope you have some help for that part too as you must have too many to fit in your car! How are the plans for your move going? I hope they are going smoothly. I'm excited for you going off on this adventure!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I'll be passing the quilts over to someone else as I leave the district soon. She has volunteers who will get the quilts over to the West Coast, and contacts to help with distribution.

All is going well with Plan B (PLan A was to sell the house before I went but this hasn't happened). I move on 7th Feb. I'm getting excited too!

Jane Monk said...

These are so beautiful ... what a wonderful thing you all have done, I'm sure the recipients will be pleased to have these huggable thoughts and good wishes.
Jane