Thursday, March 31, 2011

A bit of a treat

Each year, I like to treat myself in some way.  This year, I decided to join the Socks That Rock sock club.  Every 2 months, the club sends out a skein of hand-dyed superwash merino & nylon, and 2 patterns that you can choose from.  I had a few gauge problems with the first shipment, plus the colours are not ones I would usually pick, so a partly-completed sock is languishing on my coffee table.  I have been more focussed on knitting some hats, scarves and fingerless gloves in preparation for winter in colours that I liked.  However, the latest skein, received yesterday, is gorgeous.
 And here are the 2 patterns that take advantage of its beauty.
 Today at lunchtime, 2 classmates and I visited the local Salvation Army family store.  As well as a long lined black coat (cost $3.25), I bought these 3 small embroidered tablecloths for a total of $5.
I LOVE old embroidered linen.  This sort of thing is just not made anymore.  Mostly, these tablecloths are very small, far too small for a modern table, but I have some old furniture that they are perfect for.  I hate to see them discarded and unwanted in thrift shops.

3 comments:

loulee said...

That sock yarn sure is bright.

wlstarn said...

LOVE that yarn!

Unknown said...

This pair of socks looks so warm and cozy:) I like the sock yarn as it is bright and contains merino & nylon. It's up to you, but I highly recommend you to visit custom writing services for any academic needs.