Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dyeing the fabric for the Traveller's Blanket

I mixed up a special red for my Blanket top - mainly Turkey Red, but with the addition of Scarlet, Carmine Red, Cotton Black, Deep Purple and Fuchsia.  I want a rich red.  The top is currently in the wash, so I'll wait till it's washed and ready to go before photographing it.

Some of you may be wondering why I used cotton threads to bind the circles - I am not looking for white areas such as you would get with synthetic threads that won't allow the dye the penetrate them, but rather for a paler circular zone that I can embroider around.

The middle and back of the Blanket are going to be made of lovely soft flannel.  I decided to dye them Nutmeg - a rich orange-brown.  The darker piece is the back, and the lighter shade is for the centre.

3 comments:

Dijanne Cevaal said...

Ohh looking very nice! Can't wait to see the colours after washing.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a flying start! Love the colour.

essay writing help said...

what is it? O_o